I was all excited about my new Raspberry Pi , Gert board and Arduino Board. They have been there in the box for weeks and I finally took the first step to write the Raspbian Image into my new 16Gb SD card following the guide on the Official Raspberry Pi page.
1. I downloaded the SD Association Formatting Tool from here, installed and ran it.
2. I inserted my SanDisk 16Gb into my laptop built-in card reader.
3. Set “Format Size Adjustment” option to ON as shown below.
4. Clicked on Format and this was what I got: ” The Memory Card is write-protected. Please release the write protect switch.”
So, as usual, i searched that on Google and some of the solutions that I have tried are:
2. Use a software (USB write-protected) (like here)
None of the above works. So i contacted the SanDisk support. They do not seem to have encountered such problem before… and the technician mentioned : “SanDisk does not support the memory card to used as the boost device for the OS image.”
So I am stuck and still waiting for the support.
Other stuffs I tried:
– I couldn’t write any data into it.
– it works fine for my Canon camera.
– I can read the image files in it (image taken using the camera)
– i could not delete the file (there is no delete option and even if i press on DEL button on my keyboard)
I think I should get a Toshiba SD card instead. : /