Sometimes it is just that something that makes the whole thing different. Well, traditional fried rice normally consist of rice, egg, and other ingredients depending on the fried rice name, such as Anchovies Fried Rice, Chicken Fried Rice, Pineapple Fried Rice, and so on. There weren’t many ingredients in the fridge today, so I intended to cook simple egg fried rice. After I was all ready to fry the rice, I suddenly thought of CHEESE~ Haha, it seems to me that everything tastes better with a bit of cheese. It was an impromptu inspiration to share this tutorial too. J Enjoy my first cooking tutorial! HAHA, beware of my weird cooking terms.
First, prepare the following ingredients:
- Rice (enough for 2) – You cooked too much last night, so you kept them in the fridge. Make sure you kept them in a closed container. Take the rice out 15 to half an hour before you intend to fry it. One nice trick from my mom, use a fork to press on the rice so that they do not stick to each other.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 Chinese sausage (well, this is a bit hard, I would change to normal hotdog next time )
- 1 slices of cheese!
- Some chicken floss.
- Cut the sausage and fry them (without adding any oil). By frying them, you could get rid of the oily smell and extra oil. Add some garlic/ onion if you want to, but I personally don’t like them. :p
- Cut the cheese into small pieces while letting the sausage to fry under mild fire.
- Take the sausage out. Pour some oil in the wok and hit and pour in the egg after the oil is warmed up.
- Fry the eggs slightly then pour in all the rice.
- Fry until the rice and eggs are well mixed.
- Insert the sausage and cheese and stir fry them for a while more. Add some water (10ml) if needed.
- When the cheese is melted, your cheesy fried rice is ready to be served.
- Put some chicken floss as toppings and enjoy your meal!
(I would very much love to cook if someone appreciates my cooking. Aww, lovey dovey.)
Pardon me for poor quality photos taken using the phone.😡